“Children and Adolescents in the era of SmartScreens: risks, threats and opportunities reloaded”
19th-20th September, Salamanca, Spain
Acceptance of abstracts has been sent, registration at URL http://eventos.ucm.es/34045/tickets/children-and-smart-screens.html , do not forget to book your hotel at URL http://www.childrenandsmartscreens.eu/Travel-and-Accommodation/ .
Think also in participating in the Associated Monograph to this event at http://www.revistacomunicar.com , JCR, Q1,
Ranked 7th in 2018 in Communication-Journals JCR Ranking see links as follows with full indications and dates:
Host: Local organizers are Prof. Dr. Félix Ortega from the Department of Sociology and Communication, University of Salamanca in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Patricia Nuñéz-Gómez, from the University Complutense Madrid.
Location: Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Salamanca, Campus Unamuno, 37071, Salamanca, Spain.
Call for papers: Children and adolescents increasingly turn to mobile media devices and SmartScreens, the Smartphone in particular – at home, at school or “in itineris“-, to stay connected with family and friends, for schooling activities and to access a variety of digital media contents and services including social media, music, videos, and games. The everytime-and-everywhere-access to mobile media has changed children’s and adolescents’ everyday life with potential implications on their -from a broad perspective- socialization, consumer patterns, schooling orientated behaviour among others. This conference wants to address these issues both from a theoretical and methodological perspective. We welcome Case Studies and research in the conference topics.
More specifically we welcome research from (though not exclusively) the following topics:
- Role of mobile media in children´s and adolescents at school, and in everyday life.
- Methodological challenges of research on mobile media and Smartscreens
- Teacher&Parental mediation and monitoring of mobile media use.
- Impact of mobile media on children’s and adolescents’ social development and consumer behaviour.
- Mobile media and children’s and adolescents’ risks, threats and opportunities.
- Mobile media contents and activities, cultural and educational consumption: Games, Video, Music consumption, Education, Democracy, Social Interaction, Marketing-Publicity, new phenomena or old habits in new screens.
- Uses and consumption of mobile media at “school” at “home” or “in itineris”, filling the gap between children use of Smartphones and Tablets at School, in itineris or Home, is there one?.
- Regulation and protection of Children in mobile media devices, apps, social networks, and gaming activities, marketing,… and others.
- Children´s approaches to opportunities, risks, safety, literacy, entertainment in Smartscreens and other devices.
- Any other topics related to “Children, Youth and Media”, from a scientific perspective including, education, communication, arts and culture, psychological interaction, neuroscience, marketing and children,…
- There will be two parallel sessions and expect a maximum of 80 individual presentations, a maximum of 100 inscriptions.
- Sonia Livingstone (LSE, London School of Economics, UK) 19th of September from 9:30 to 10:15 am.
- Antonio García Jiménez (URJC, University Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain), 20th of September from 9:30 to 10:15 am.
Early Bird registration (until 16 June 2019): ECREA-members 59 EUR, Students-PhD Students and Low Income countries: 49 EUR; Non-ECREA Members: 70 EUR.
For more info, we refer to the conference website.